[linux-lvm] init script 'command not found error'

Sen Han hansen3032 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 01:43:11 UTC 2017

Recently we got some error say 'pvcreate: command not found error' in our
init script. Turns out to be the pvcreate, and other commands like
vgcreate, are just sym links to the command 'lvm'.
And the symlink at the init script phase are not available yet.

Actually, pvcreate, pvremove, lvdisplay, pvdisplay are all just symlinks to
lvm.
seems it directly links to a subcommand,
such as 'pvcreate' is equivalent to 'lvm pvcreate'.

Is there documentation about how these symlinks works? such as how they are
generated etc. Like a link to the source repo,

is it safe to replace pvcreate with 'lvm pvcreate' in my script?