[linux-lvm] LVM hangs

Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth leo at strike.wu.ac.at
Thu Nov 16 11:02:58 UTC 2017

On 2017-11-13 15:51, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> Dne 13.11.2017 v 14:41 Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth napsal(a):
>> I have a EL7 desktop box with two sata harddisks and two ssds in a
>> LVM raid1 - thin pool - cache configuration. (Just migrated to this
>> setup a few weeks ago.)
>>
>> After some days, individual processes start to block in disk wait.
>> I don't know if the problem resides in the cache-, thin- or raid1-layer
>> but the underlying block-devices are fully responsive.
>>
> It would be probably nice to see the result of 'dmsetup status'
>
> I'd have guessed you are probably hitting  'frozen' raid state
> which is unfortunate existing upstream bug.

As it just happened again, I have collected some additional info like
dmsetup status
dmsetup info -c (do the event counts look suspicious?)

https://leo.kloburg.at/tmp/lvm-blocks/2017-11-16/

I don't see any volume in "frozen" state.

I haven't rebooted the box yet. Maybe I provide some more info?

Cheers,
--leo
--
e-mail   ::: Leo.Bergolth (at) wu.ac.at