[linux-lvm] Reattach cache

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Wed Nov 22 09:57:57 UTC 2017

Dne 22.11.2017 v 09:55 Xen napsal(a):
> Ehm,
>
> When you split a cache and later reattach it, LVM ensures it is in a
> consistent state right?
>
> LVM is a bit old, I mean Ubuntu 16.04 version, so something about 133.

Hi

Sorry but version 133 is really ancient - the original purpose of 'cache'
--splitcache was rather more debug oriented.

Clearing of cache-pool metadata when cache-pool is reattached to another LV
goes with version 2.02.162 - so your version is way too old...

In your case - just destroy the cache (--uncache) and do not try to reuse
cache-pool unless you really know what you are doing.

Regards

Zdenek