[linux-lvm] cache on SSD makes system unresponsive

matthew patton pattonme at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 23:40:05 UTC 2017

> Because whatever purpose you are using it for, it shouldn't OOM the  system.

I posted a 6 point query to the list 2 days ago as to what are the various settings being used (not LVM related) and also pointed out that not using odirect was necessarily going to try to stuff the file into the linux vm system which was bound to cause all kind of grief.

Maybe I'm missing responses but I haven't seen any answers to those questions which has nothing to do with LVM. I would be very surprised this has anything to do with LVM.