[linux-lvm] lvm raid: pvmove vs lvconvert

Brassow Jonathan jbrassow at redhat.com
Tue Oct 24 19:45:59 UTC 2017

You could use either, I suppose.  The replace will pull out the RAID member and replace it with a new one.  pvmove will create a temporary mirror for the member being moved.  I don’t think it makes a huge difference which you use, but I would tend to use ‘lvconvert --replace’ when working with RAID segment types.

 brassow