[linux-lvm] Option to silence "WARNING: Sum of all thin volume sizes exceeds the size of thin pool"

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Mon Sep 18 17:52:01 UTC 2017

Hi all,
being an heavy snapshot user, I wonder if (and how) to silence such a
warning:

"WARNING: Sum of all thin volume sizes (2.00 GiB) exceeds the size of
thin pool cl_gdanti-lenovo/thinpool (1.00 GiB)!"

I fully understand the reasoning for this warning, but snapshots are
almost guaranteed to raise it. I found that by setting the
thin_pool_autoextend_threshold the warning disappears, but on some pool
I would rather like to left autoextend disabled.

So, any changes to disable the warning at least when taking snapshots?
Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico