[linux-lvm] lvmlockd: about the limitation on lvresizing the LV active on multiple nodes

Eric Ren zren at suse.com
Tue Jan 2 08:09:08 UTC 2018

Hi David,

I see the comments on res_process():

"""
/*
  * Go through queued actions, and make lock/unlock calls on the resource
  * based on the actions and the existing lock state.
  *
  * All lock operations sent to the lock manager are non-blocking.
  * This is because sanlock does not support lock queueing.
  * Eventually we could enhance this to take advantage of lock
  * queueing when available (i.e. for the dlm).
"""

Is it the reason why lvmlockd has limitation on lvresize with "sh" lock
because lvmlockd cannot up convert "sh" to "ex" to perform lvresize command?

Regards,
Eric