[linux-lvm] lvcreate from a setuid-root binary

Christoph Pleger christoph.pleger at cs.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Nov 19 15:03:53 UTC 2018

Hello,

On 2018-11-19 15:04, matthew patton wrote:
>> program calls getpwuid() with the real user id of the calling user
>
> maybe I missed a critical post explaining why it has to be, but that's
> a job for a trivial sudo specification line.
>
> I can't think of any reason why sudo is not the answer to your
> problem, or frankly isn't always the answer.

I have already tried sudo before writing my own setuid-root-program, by
calling it directly from pam_exec and by letting pam_exec call another
program first that calls sudo. Either case failed, even with simple
tests like letting sudo run /bin/ls (and of course I checked before that
the same user could use sudo from the command line).

Regards
   Christoph