[linux-lvm] lvm_vg_create_lv_linear() returns error though device was created

Christoph Pleger christoph.pleger at cs.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Nov 22 18:05:14 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am now trying to not call external LVM commands, but to use LVM
library calls instead. Now I have another problem:

lvm_vg_create_lv_linear(vg, pam_user, LVSIZE) returns NULL, what means
an error. Normally I would think that I made a mistake, but when I
manually call lvdisplay, I can see the LV and I can activate it with
lvchange. How can it happen that lvm_vg_create_lv_linear() returns NULL
though the LV was created?

And a minor problem: The LVM library logs with syslog(), but I use my
own syslog() calls in my program and as soon as lvm_init() has been
called, both the identifier and the log facility change, so that logs go
to another file. Can I somehow disable that?

Regards
   Christoph