[linux-lvm] LVM RAID: task mdX_raid1:221 blocked for more than 120 seconds

Cesare Leonardi celeonar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 15:43:31 UTC 2018

Hello, I'm writing here to have your opinion and possibly some advice
about some Debian bugs related to LVM RAID that are still unresolved:

Bug #913119 was filed by me, so I can personally provide some more
information and do tests.

Premises related di Debian unstable:
* Debian's kernel is currently 4.18.20.
* From kernel 4.17~rc7 Debian enabled SCSI_MQ_DEFAULT and DM_MQ_DEFAULT.
* Debian's LVM userland is 2.02.176

The above reports shows blocked I/O with different type of LVM RAID and
with #913119 I've succesfully workarounded passing the following kernel
parameters:
scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=0 dm_mod.use_blk_mq=0

I've read that RHEL will default to enabling SCSI_MQ_DEFAULT and
DM_MQ_DEFAULT and will use kernel 4.18. Maybe you have already
encountered this bug and it's already resolved. Or there are patches
pending.

What do you think? Should I file a bug in Red Hat bug tracker?

Please, keep me in CC as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Cesare.