[linux-lvm] snapshot looses origin when other snapshot is merged to the same origin

Zbigniew Kostrzewa kostrzewa at 9livesdata.com
Fri Sep 28 12:57:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a question related to multiple snapshots of the same thin volume.
My scenario is that I create a thin pool, a thin volume and two
snapshots of that thin volume. Both snapshots have the thin volume set
as the origin volume. However, after I merge one of the snapshots to the
origin then the second snapshot looses information about the origin.

The question is if that is an expected behavior or if I am doing
something wrong? Is there a way to make the second snapshot keep having
the origin with merged first snapshot as its origin?

Regards,
Zbigniew Kostrzewa