[linux-lvm] Best way to run LVM over multiple SW RAIDs?

Marian Csontos mcsontos at redhat.com
Mon Dec 9 14:26:04 UTC 2019

On 12/9/19 11:26 AM, Daniel Janzon wrote:

> The origin of my problem is indeed the poor performance of RAID5,
> which maxes out the single core the driver runs on. But if I accept that
> as a given, the next problem is LVM striping. Since I do get 10x better

What stripesize was used for striped LV? IIRC the default is 64k.

IIUC you are serving mostly large files. I have no numbers, and no HW to
test the hypothesis, but using larger stripesize could help here as this
would split the load on multiple RAID5 volumes, while not splitting the
IOs too early into too many small requests.

-- Marian