[linux-lvm] recover volume group & locical volumes from PV?

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Sun May 12 00:09:00 UTC 2019

check to see if there are LVM copies in
/etc/lvm/{archive,backup,cache}. if you find one that looks right then
you can use vgcfgrestore to put it back onto the correct pv.  The
copies should document the last command ran before the copy was made,
you need to make sure that no critical commands were run after the
copy was made for it to be the right copy.  The file will have the
full layout of the vg/pv/lv in it, and contains all of information
that made the pv/vg/lv.