[linux-lvm] Forcing a specific io scheduler

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Tue Sep 10 22:58:20 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I have a (virtual) block devices which does not expose any io scheduler:
[root at localhost block]# cat /sys/block/zd0/queue/scheduler
none

I created an lvm volume on top of that block devices with:
[root at localhost ~]# pvcreate /dev/zd0
   Physical volume "/dev/zd0" successfully created.
[root at localhost ~]# vgcreate vg_test /dev/zd0
   Volume group "vg_test" successfully created
[root at localhost ~]# lvcreate vg_test --name lv_test -l +100%FREE
   Logical volume "lv_test" created.

With my surprise, I can not select any additional io scheduler:
[root at localhost block]# cat /sys/block/dm-2/queue/scheduler
none

I am missing something? Can a scheduler be forced on a lvm volume?
Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico