[linux-lvm] bashism in tools/Makefile.in

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Mon Jan 6 11:24:56 UTC 2020

Dne 06. 01. 20 v 10:48 Christian Hesse napsal(a):
> Hello everybody,
>
> building lvm2 with a shell other than bash fails:
>
> % make -C tools/ command-count.h
> make: Entering directory 'lvm2/tools'
>      [GEN] cmds.h
> /bin/dash: 1: set: Illegal option -o pipefail
>      [GEN] command-lines-input.h
> /bin/dash: 1: set: Illegal option -o pipefail
>      [GEN] command-count.h
> /bin/dash: 1: set: Illegal option -o pipefail
> make: *** [Makefile:170: command-count.h] Error 2
> make: Leaving directory 'lvm2/tools'
>
> Please fix bashism in Makefile. Thanks!

Hi

Unfortunately whole lvm2 project is mostly 'bash' based and all developers
mostly use bash - so we would welcome patches if they would provide
equivalently working code without bashism...

Fixing couple things while the whole rest of project is still requiring bash
doesn't make it any better - ATM  all scripts/tests/Makefiles mostly expect
presence of bash.

Regards

Zdenek