[linux-lvm] lvreduce thin-pool

Paul Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 09:52:17 UTC 2020

Hi there,

I've been following Ede Wolf's thread with interest, but it hasn't quite
covered my query, and I've not been able to find much about this in the
archives:

Are there any plans to implement reducing of thin pools? I've been bitten
several times by carelessly allowing a thin pool to expand onto unsuitable
storage and subsequently being unable to reduce the pool again to ensure IO
performance of the pool. (I know that better forward planning can mitigate
this.)

Mainly, I'm wondering if there are technical reasons this hasn't been
implemented yet? On the face of it, I'd have expected this to be a
relatively straight-forward procedure? But I'd be interested in why this
might not be the case.

Cheers,
Paul