[linux-lvm] Do we have a way to clone the customer lvm2 environment?

Gang He GHe at suse.com
Thu Mar 12 04:54:18 UTC 2020

Hi Guys,

Sometimes we encountered some lvm2 meta-data damage (by lvm2 commands) problems.
Do we have a way to clone (or dump) the customer lvm2 environment? such like file system e2image tool.
for example, we can dump each pv(meta data + data(with file hole)) to a file,
next we can rebuild the cloned lvm2 environment in local machine.
then, we can verify the fix in local machine with the tentative rpms before give them to the customers.

Any suggestions for this kind of case?

Thanks
Gang