[linux-lvm] Unusually long boot times with LVM Snapshots

Sreyan Chakravarty sreyan32 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:16:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

I use LVM with full disk encryption. I also use LVM snapshots, currently I
have a 70GB snapshot.

Now the only problem is that the boot times when LVM snapshots are present
are extremely long.

I boot my machine, enter my encryption passphrase and then wait for about 3
minutes. It is only after that long wait does my machine boot.

This only happens if snapshots are present, if no snapshots are present,
boot is almost instantaneous after I enter my passphrase.

Will adding --skip-mappings help ?

Is there any way this can be solved ?

--
Regards,