[linux-lvm] Removing bash as a dependency

Drew Westrick drewwestrick at glassboard.com
Mon Feb 22 01:25:02 UTC 2021

All,

I'm working on a project with a fairly strict no GPLv3 policy. While lvm2 is fine since it is GPLv2, the lvm2 dependency on bash, which is GPLv3, is causing a problem. It appears that bash is used mostly for test scripts as well as lvmdump.sh ( http://lvmdump.sh/ ) and fsadm.sh ( http://fsadm.sh/ ). If we don't need to use those two utilities, would there be any other major issues with removing bash a a dependency if I were to go down that path?

Regards,

Drew Westrick