[linux-lvm] Where are the data blocks of an LV?

Stuart D Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Tue Jul 26 18:22:49 UTC 2022

Checkout https://github.com/sdgathman/lbatofile
It was written to identify the file affected by a bad block (so it goes
the opposite direction), but the getpvmap() function obtains pe_start and
pe_size plus the list of segments.  findlv() goes through the segments to
find the one an absolute sector is in.  That should tell you what you want
to know.