No subject

Sat Mar 5 19:55:20 UTC 2022

if I make sure all changes are flushed to disk, then I am OK.  However,
the responses I have received are not clear on what conditions caused
the problems.

I am also not clear on which kernel and what patches I need to make
sure that the filesystems (ext2,ext3 and reiserfs) will deal with the
VFS patches.

We run 24/7 systems and it is not an option to take down a system to
back it up.  We can handle slightly degraded performance, but even
that is a problem.

On Friday 02 November 2001 12:03, Brent Harding wrote:
> The only real issue with snapshots is needing a partition reserved for
> it, as you get more and more data, this gets difficult, once half the
> hard disk is full, you can't copy any more. I'd say it sounds easier to
> just use whatever backup program with cron to execute late at night,
> maybe after midnight, depends how far backup is when a file changes,
> it'll get included if it wasn't backed up yet, otherwise if you change
> something the system already backed up, it gets done on the next run.

This is not what I understood from the HOWTO's and the SuSE whitepaper.
They are quite clear that you only need enough space to contain the
changes that occur while the snapshot partition exists.

Best,
Kyle

MicroTelco Services saves money on every Fax:
- Fax to email (FREE)
- Fax to PSTN based Fax (Up to 95% Savings)
- Fax Broadcasting: Send 100s of faxes to fax machines
and email addresses in the time it takes to send just one!
    So send a fax today and let us know what you think!
       For more info. visit: www.internetfaxjack.com