No subject

Sat Mar 5 19:55:20 UTC 2022

kernels and that in some cases on distros like redhat we were somewhat (term
used loosely) on our own.

However in the latest lvm datasheet it specifically claims support for redhat
and in particular Advanced Server 2.1. I don't believe this was ever true
before.

>i expected a difference in makefile lvm-mod-objs should be correct on rh
>kernels (read the reject and the original and see for yourself)
>and lvm-snap.h (not .c) has also been removed.
>the rest of the patch is more or less a diff between your current lvm
>files and those in LVM/1.0.6/kernel
>so you can ignore those.

So what you've said above is pretty much what I've done. I have build lvm as a
module and when I do the modules_install I get:

if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map  2.4.9-e.9custom; fi
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.9-e.9custom/kernel/drivers/md/lvm-mod.o
depmod:         alloc_kiovec
depmod:         gendisk_head
depmod:         free_kiovec
make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 1
[root at jack linux-2.4]#

This has been the case on all rh 2.4.9 based kernels that I've tried to
install lvm on, no matter which lvm version (1.x).