[Lohit-devel-list] Lohit for the rest of the world

Parag Nemade pnemade at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 05:12:40 UTC 2007

Hi,
On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 10:08 +0530, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> Hello Beloved Lohit Developers,
> I'm helping get lohit fonts into Gentoo. Currently, I just pull in the
> srpm and do some magic with it, but I have a couple of concerns:
>
> 1) I'm picking up the SRPM from the fedora 'development' branch, and
> the version there seems to change without warning. Can the actual
> tarballs be put up somewhere else, so that we can maintain previous
> versions too (to some reasonable point in history)
    Since last 3 months I took maintainership of this Project. Before
that there was almost zero CVS development(Changes in CVS) done. I was
also much concerned about same thing that we must have old tarballs. So
I started tagging CVS checkout from 2.1.x versions. As this project
currently does not have any webspace, there are no old tarballs
available.
    For older SRPMs, grab them from following site
http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/blag/70000/en/os/i386/SRPMS.extras/
    Currently, there are 4 tags available to checkout previous versions.
   lohit_2_1_4_f
   lohit_2_1_3_f
   lohit_2_1_2_f
   lohit_2_1_1_f

   e.g. You can use following command to checkout version lohit_2_1_1_f
from CVS.
cvs co -r lohit-2_1_1_f lohit

> 2) Is there a latest "stable" vs. "unstable" or do I just pick up the
> latest, greatest package
   You need to pick always latest package from CVS. Also you can check
some cool scripts available in CVS for generating TTF files from .sfd
files and to create tarball version of current CVS version.

> 3) Thanks for the awesome fonts!
   Thanks.

Regards,
Parag.