[Lohit-devel-list] Fwd: [indiantypography] Prof. R.K. Joshi

Rahul Bhalerao b.rahul.pm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 07:54:59 UTC 2008

Sad day for Indian typographers..

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: G.V.Sreekumar <gvsree at yahoo.com>
To: indiantypography at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 7 February, 2008 12:39:34 PM
Subject: [indiantypography] Prof. R.K. Joshi

Dear Friends,

 It is a sad occassion, let me inform you that Prof R.K. Joshi passed
 away on 4th February in San Fransisco, where he was visiting to
 address a conference.

 At IDC, we are all in deep pain to hear about Prof. R.K. Joshi's
 demise. We had a condolence meeting yesterday.
 Prof. R.K. Joshi was a professor at IDC and was the HOD for four years.
 He was a great source of inspiration to all typographers in India and
 everyone associated various areas of design, literature, theatre, fine
 arts, digital media etc.
 I find myself lucky to be taught by him in IDC. I remember those days
 when he opened up a new world in front of me- a beautiful world full
 of letterforms. He used to talk very passionatley about letterforms. ..
 and all of us used to wonder when he used to bring old copies of U&Lc
 magazine to the class and talk animatedly about various fonts.... oh!
 look at that lowercase r of rockwell.... .a of charter..... ....G of ITC
 veljovic.... ....that "O" of poster bodoni...... ....... It went on and on.
 Recently I met him in Pune for the CDAC seminar, and he was mentioning
 about his family getting worried when he travels...
 And then this news struck..
 From the bottom of my heart, I wish that god gives his family the
 strength to face this situation and his absence...
 Like Prof. Nadkarni mentioned in his speech at IDC, we can't wish that
 'may his soul rest in peace'...because he can never be resting in that
 sense...he was one of the most active people ever...
 I was thinking.... ........can we come to terms with a new
 situation... ...about going to a temple and we suddenly realise that
 the temple is there with an empty throne...... the idol is not there....
 regards
 Sreekumar
 IDC

 __._,_.___
 Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Polls

 Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch
format to Traditional

 Visit Your Group

Star Wars on Y!

Discover new content