[Lohit-devel-list] Releasing Lohit Devanagari Today!!

प्रविण सातपुते pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 05:48:50 UTC 2010

2010/2/3 "Arne Götje (高盛華)" <arne at linux.org.tw>

> Instead of releasing single font files for all those languages which use
> the same script in slightly different variations, you could release a single
> .ttc file which includes all those fonts, but saves space, since most of the
> glyphs are the same in all those languages.

looks interesting,
i have made some apple font suites long time back but not done anything
w.r.t. ttc (dont know is it same ;))

> If you need help on how to do this, ask me.

need to test it once before adding in tree, your help is welcome :)
Does fontforge support it?
It will be if you can give one example of this

> Language codes are possible, but most software cannot deal with that.

That is the problem, but i think it will happen soon
<LANG> tag have so much importance in language sharing same script, like
Arabic code page support more than 6 lang.
and some characters have different variations as per language

Thanks,
Pravin S