[Lohit-devel-list] Releasing Lohit Devanagari Today!!

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Feb 12 09:51:00 UTC 2010

Le Jeu 11 février 2010 21:16, Bernard Massot a écrit :

>> But anyway, creating fonts is difficult enough without workarounding
>> application bugs. Please focus on creating good OpenType fonts and let
>> application authors take care of their own mess.
> Until they are not used correctly, good fonts are kind of useless. But I
> understand your point since this mailing list is only about fonts.

Unfortunately, experience shows it is 100% useless to wait for app authors to
support OpenType features before using them in font files. App authors only
care about OpenType stuff when they have users with fonts that use those
features. It's a chicken and egg problem. So when you see an OpenType feature
that would make the font author or the font user life easier, just use it.
This way you can tell users "the font file is fine, complain at app authors".
"I could fix it if apps supported this feature" is too complex a message both
for font users and app authors.

--
Nicolas Mailhot