[Lohit-devel-list] Lohit Devanagari not displaying ञ्जि properly

Bernard Massot bmassot at free.fr
Sat Jul 16 18:37:01 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 05:53:46PM +0530, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> I however find that the syllable ञ्जि is not being displayed
> properly. Please see the attachment. The ordinary left-hand glyph of
> ि is being substituted by the extra long glyph -- possibly under the
> presumption that ञ्ज contains a conjoining form which would come to
> extra width. However, since ञ्ज is handled as a single ligature of
> normal width, this substitution should not occur.
I tried to fix this problem using FontForge. However I encountered
strange things I'd be glad to be explained.
According to FF's lookups view, none of the Contextual Chaining
Substitution lookups, enabled by the Pre Base Substitution feature,
contains the u091E_u094D.half_u091C.pres glyph in their Lookahead
coverage tables.
And in the metrics window I can obtain the substitution of u093F with
glyph206 by enabling a feature whose name is... empty!
--
Bernard Massot