[Lohit-devel-list] Here comes the Beta release of lohit-devanagari-2.92.0 from lohit2 project

Pravin Satpute psatpute at redhat.com
Thu Nov 7 12:09:27 UTC 2013

Hi All,

  Almost one month from the Alpha release, had a good time testing and
resolving bugs :)

  We identified around 12+ bugs during this time and also done some
minor changes in lookups. Issues on WinXp forces us to create 2-3
redundant rules but its fine as we have to make sure that font will work
across platform.

  I got couple of emails during this development mentioning designing
issues in Lohit. Yeah i do agree there is improvement possible
specifically from Basic Latin and improving consistency in all glyphs.
Present release is more targetted towards making technically perfect
fonts, i would definitely love to go for next round specifically
targetting designing improvements and for that we need help from
designing and typography experts.

  Back to this release, See the Changelog for details regarding bug
fixes, most of the those reported at [1]

  Updated lohit project page [2] for download details. Source tarball
link [3], TTF tarball link [4] and webfonts format for Lohit is at [5]

  In case of any bug/regression or suggestion, do report at [6]

Thanks,
Pravin Satpute

1. https://github.com/pravins/lohit/issues
2. https://fedorahosted.org/lohit