[Lohit-devel-list] Rewriting Lohit-Gujarati open type tables, plans for improvement !!

Pravin Satpute psatpute at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 08:41:26 UTC 2013

Hi All,

    As written in previous email following are the improvements we can
do in lohit-gujarati

1. Following AGL while renaming lohit-gujarati
2. Feature file separate as done in lohit-devanagari
3. There are some cons_halant ligatures introduced (0x0139 to 0x15a), i
am sure those got added due to some bugs w.r.t pango etc. So we can get
rid of it.
4. Supporting "gujr" and "guj2" Opent type tag
5. Thorough testing with Harfbuzz and Uniscribe (will test with Windows
XP as well to make sure webfonts will render correctly everywhere)

    This is presently what we are thinking, if anyone has more
suggestions with this do reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Pravin Satpute