[Lohit-devel-list] Query for Malayalam Font

Sneha Kore skore at redhat.com
Fri Jan 3 09:14:14 UTC 2014

Hi all,

As you all know, we had started to work for Lohit Malayalam. Presently we are at the final stage of testing. For Malayalam development we followed TDIL  http://tdil.mit.gov.in/pdf/Vishwabharat/tdil-april-2002.zip. As per the Malayalam script details given by TDIL , It says,
RAKAR is formed when Malayalam letter RA(0D30) or RRA(0D31) is at the end of consonant/consonant cluster, a special sign is proposed to the consonant. but the query arising is, weather RAKAR should be formed for lettr RRA (0D31) ?? If yes, then we supposed to file a bug on harfbuzz since this is rendering issue. The reference regarding the same can be useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Sneha Kore