[Lohit-devel-list] Query for Malayalam Font

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 13:38:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 2:58 PM, pravin.d.s at gmail.com
<pravin.d.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am doubtful that people might be using this in iscii and same is proposed
> by TDIL.
> forming same ligature by both U+0D30 and U+0D31 looks doubtful to me as
> well.  Unicode says nothing on this.

Unicode says in general (TUS 6.2 p 286, p 316 of PDF) that C + VIRAMA
+ RA forms C2-conjoining form of RA. It is inadvisable to have both KA
+ VIRAMA + RA/RRA to render as the same as it would result in
confusability issues in IDNs and hence phishing attacks.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा