[lvm-devel] Re: LVM2 ./WHATS_NEW doc/example.conf lib/commands ...

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 18:39:07 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 06:27:14PM -0000, agk at sourceware.org wrote:
> Log message:
> 	Move .cache file into a new /etc/lvm/cache directory by default.
> 	Add devices/cache_dir & devices/cache_file_prefix, deprecating devices/cache.
> 	Create directory in fcntl_lock_file() if required.

For the curious:

  (1) When a new file is created (.cache) it inherits the selinux context from
its directory.  So we should not have read-only configuration files (lvm.conf)
in the same directory as a read-write cache file.

  (2) I took the opportunity to change the config options available in case we
decide we want more than one cache file - it's now directory plus prefix.

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com