[lvm-devel] new device-mapper required to build latest lvm from cvs

Jun'ichi Nomura j-nomura at ce.jp.nec.com
Thu Jul 26 18:39:15 UTC 2007

Jun'ichi Nomura wrote:
> Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
>> The functions are not quite identical:-)
..
>>   2 - error suppression for read-only filesystems
>
> It can be brought into dm_create_dir() or we can move logging
> to the outside of dm_create_dir() and let callers do it.
> Which way do you think is better?

And this patch adds EROFS check to libdevmapper version of
_create_dir_recursive() so that they are equivalent.
(The patch is applicable after the log_sys_* macro patch.)

For really making them identical, I think LVM2 should call
dm_init_log() with its own log function.

Thanks,
--
Jun'ichi Nomura, NEC Corporation of America