[lvm-devel] RFC: testing framework

Jun'ichi Nomura j-nomura at ce.jp.nec.com
Fri Sep 14 23:11:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

It's very nice to have this sort of regression tests in the tree.

Jim Meyering wrote:
> There are kludges in t/Makefile.in (symlink creation and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> setting), that are required to run the dynamically-linked lvm against the
> libraries in a just-compiled sibling device-mapper directory.  Thanks to
> Dave Wysochanski for that tip.  IMHO this is a very strong argument
> for pulling device-mapper into lvm.  Alasdair, can we do that soon?
> I'll be happy to submit a patch.

It didn't work for me because I have device-mapper source directory
named '../device-mapper.work', instead of '../device-mapper' that
Makefile assumes.
There is '--with-dmdir=DIR' option for configure.
Can the Makefile use it?
(A patch is attached.)

Thanks,
--
Jun'ichi Nomura, NEC Corporation of America