[lvm-devel] crash in dmeventd

Mikulas Patocka mpatocka at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 19:10:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Petr Rockai wrote:

> Mikulas Patocka <mpatocka at redhat.com> writes:
> > I got another crash, when attempting to deactivate snapshot, origin and
> > two mirrors at once. It seems like there are multiple bugs in dmeventd and
> > it never worked in upstream code at all, you need to assign it to somebody
> > to fix it.
> Is this reproducible? If so, could you please instead send output of:
>
> thread apply all bt full
>
> Thanks!

It crashes when I activate dmeventd for both snapshots and non-snapshots
--- i.e. place this into lvm.conf:

dmeventd {
 mirror_library = "libdevmapper-event-lvm2mirror.so"
 snapshot_library = "libdevmapper-event-lvm2snapshot.so"
}

and then activate the volume group with both snapshots and mirrors with
vgchange -ay and vgchange -an.

When I activate volumes one-by-one with lvchange, it is somehow more
stable.

Mikulas