[lvm-devel] Patch for fsadm bz 64146

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Sat Oct 30 16:44:33 UTC 2010

Dne 29.10.2010 23:26, Alasdair G Kergon napsal(a):
>>> "Skipping fsck for device \"$VOLUME\" as filesystem is mounted on $MOUNTED"
>> "for" could be replaced with "on" or "of" too. ;)
>
> What's fsck?

I think the tool should be used by system admins - so they should not need the
long version 'filesystem check' - but if it's preferable to avoid shortcut
I'll switch ?

Do we consider now this as a final solution - or do you rather prefer 'non
zero' return code for this case (check of mounted fs). This would require
exec_cmd modification for status passing we've discussed.

I'd rather avoid switching between success/fail return code from the fsadm
command between releases.

Zdenek