[lvm-devel] pvmove hangs while operating with heavy I/O stress

Xinwei Hu hxinwei at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 09:37:08 UTC 2011

Hi all,
  When there're several LVs on $PV1, and there is heavy I/O on several LVs,
"pvmove $PV1 $PV2" may hang forever in suspend_lv.
  This is because suspend_lvs iterates the list of LVs, and suspends them all.
While suspend_lv has already suspend the underlying mirror table, following
suspend_lv may sleep forever, waiting for IO flushing.

  The attached patch is a direct attack the problem. But it may be better to
fix suspend_lvs directly.

  Any comments ?

  Thanks.