[lvm-devel] liblvm2app stripe_size reported wrong

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 20:53:01 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 01:41:29PM -0700, ben wrote:
> I am using:
>     value = lvm_lvseg_get_property(lvm_lvseg, "stripesize");
>     if (value.is_valid)
>           segment->stripe_size = value.value.integer;
>    /* now  value.value.integer == 128 */
> lvs -o+stripesize
>   LV    VG   Attr     LSize Pool Origin Data%  Move Log Copy%  Convert Stripe
>   lvol0 vg1  -wi-a--- 1.00g                                            64.00k

Well this field is stored in sectors internally, so it's probably just
returning that value directly.

Whether it should be converting or not, I don't know.
This doesn't seem to be documented and so we'll need to look at how other
fields are handled to see if there's a consistent 'rule' here or not.

Alasdair