[lvm-devel] [RFC/PATCH] lvm2app: Add thin and thin pool lv creation

M. Mohan Kumar mohan at in.ibm.com
Thu Jan 31 06:20:51 UTC 2013

"M. Mohan Kumar" <mohan at in.ibm.com> writes:

> +lv_t lvm_lv_thinpool(const vg_t vg, const char *pool_name, uint64_t size);
> +

We need to specify 'low_water_mark' when creating a thin pool. Otherwise
a thin pool is created with 0 as low_water_mark and it will never
trigger a dm event so that an userspace daemon can do the resizing of
pool.

I am looking at how to pass this low water mark data to dm create. So
please do not merge this patch till we have capability to mention
low_water_mark argument for thin pool creation.