[lvm-devel] master - lvmetad: Wait at least 80s for the initial scan.

Petr Rockai prockai at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 17:25:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

Hannes Reinecke <hare at suse.de> writes:
> Can't we have a configuration setting for this?
> I can imagine plenty of scenarios where the default value might not be
> applicable, being either to short or too long.

can you share such a scenario? This code path is currently hit in the
boot sequence (where a 90s timeout is already imposed by systemd, IIUIC)
and in the rare case where you change global_filter in lvm.conf. We hope
the boot code will be able to avoid it altogether, so eventually, the
only place where this can happen is when you modify global_filter and
then run two LVM commands in parallel. If the first takes more than 80s
to do its initial scanning, the second command will time out.

Petr

--
id' Ash = Ash; id' Dust = Dust; id' _ = undefined