[lvm-devel] lvmlockd: "lvm_global" lockspace cannot be closed normally

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Fri Sep 29 13:42:44 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 08:57:57PM +0800, Eric Ren wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I encountered this problem pretty often when I play with lvmlockd.
> "lvm_global" will stay on the system. It can be closed if using `dlm_tool
> leave lvm_global`.
> But, the dlm_tool command will hang there.

Currently the best way to handle this is to run 'lvmlockctl -S' which
stops all dlm lockspaces that lvm isn't using.  It's effectively the same
as 'vgchange --lockstop', but won't miss the global lockspace.

IIRC the vgchange issue is that stopping the global lockspace is an effect
of stopping the last VG lockspace, but sometimes vgchange finds no VGs to
stop.  I'll have another look at making vgchange --lockstop do it right.

Dave