[lvm-devel] Aborting. LV mythinpool_tmeta is now incomplete

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 11:32:15 UTC 2019

Dne 11. 04. 19 v 13:26 Eric Ren napsal(a):
> Hi Zdenek,
>
> Thanks for your reply. The use case is for containerd snapshooter, yes, all
> lvm setup is on host machine, creating thin LV for VM-based/KATA container as
> rootfs.
>
> For example:
> https://github.com/containerd/containerd/pull/3136
>
> and
>
> https://github.com/containerd/containerd/pull/3022
>
> So, we're evaluating such solution now~

Hi

I could recommend to orient towards the solution where the 'host' system
provides some service for your containers -  so container ask for action,
service orchestrates the action on the system - and returns asked resource to
the container.

IMHO I don't see any other usable solution ATM - although many container
developers seems to endlessly try to run these system commands from a container...

Regards

Zdenek