[lvm-devel] lvmcache in writeback mode gets stuck flushing dirtyblocks

Nikhil Kshirsagar nkshirsa at redhat.com
Fri Aug 2 11:44:28 UTC 2019

Hello,

You are welcome.

The migration threshold is in terms of chunks, I think.. So it should be at
least one chunk so the looping forever won't happen. The bug we found was
if chunksize goes beyond a certain value triggered by larger than one tb
sized cached lv, it ends up with migration threshold hard coded to lower
than the increased chunksize.

Yes migration threshold right now needs better documentation and
explanations. Also the ability to see it from lvm commands just like we can
see chunksize. We are working on it through the bzs mentioned earlier. (See
the bz about migration threshold needing better documentation in the man
pages)

I think right now you can get it only at the device mapper layer, will
check..

Regards,
Nikhil.