[lvm-devel] Question: LVM2 testing with sanlock lock manager

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 19:11:00 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 09:55:23AM -0500, David Teigland wrote:
> with sanlock.  I will try component-cache.sh to see if that's the issue,
> or something else.

I suspect that test is hitting an issue where a stray lock is being left
behind and blocking the test cleanup.  The test is using some unusual
commands, activating internal LVs that are usually disallowed.

I couldn't get the GL_DEV/GL_FILE stuff to work, with or without your
patches.  I removed all that and specified a literal sd device.  I'd
suggest we do that instead of the complicated attempt to automate it; i.e.
require a path to an unused device that the test will use for glvg.

Dave