[lvm-devel] Reg a deadlock specific to our environment

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Wed Jan 26 16:40:23 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 06:41:07PM +0530, Lakshmi Narasimhan Sundararajan wrote:
> From the code, all commands that internally does vg_open() gets stuck.

vg_open() sounds like the old liblvm2app, is there a program you've
written using that library?  That lib was seriously flawed, so you're
unlikely to get it to work well.  It was dropped some years ago now.
We can take a brief look at the debug output to see if there's any
obvious workaround for whatever is blocking it.

Dave