[mgmt] release: 0.0.11

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 13:57:44 UTC 2017

I've just released version 0.0.11 of mgmt!

NEWS

* Added a missing mutex around the semaphore map which prevents
occasional panics

* Removed exec pollint param which is not needed because of the poll
metaparam

* Fixed a state rechecking bug in exec resource (things are faster now)

* Fixed the major annoyance of exec resources receiving main's signals.
If we would ^C the main mgmt, the child processes would receive this
too which was incorrect.

* Fixed the deadlock on resource errors. This meant that previously if
a resource failed, we would deadlock the graph from shutting down. This
was bad and I'm glad it's now fixed. Sorry about that!

* Improved the backpoke logic to not require semaphores since we used
to take the lock even when we were going to backpoke which was
unnecessary.

* Added fast pausing to the graph. This means that a ^C or a pause
transition used to wait for the whole graph to roll through, but it now
finishes after the currently running resources finish executing. Read
the commit messages for more background here including the discussion
about a possible Interrupt() addition to the resource API.

* See the git log for more NEWS, and sorry for anything notable I left
out!

BUGS

* We're in pretty good shape now. There are some small issues, but
nothing major that I don't know about.

MISC

We're still looking for new contributors, and there are easy, medium
and hard issues available! You're also welcome to suggest your own!
Please join us in #mgmtconfig on Freenode IRC, or ping this list if
you'd like help getting started!

THANKS

Thanks (alphabetically) to everyone who contributed to the latest
release:
James Shubin, Julien Pivotto
We had 2 unique committers since 0.0.10, and have had 30 overall.

Happy hacking,
James
@purpleidea