[Mod_nss-list] Alternative for optional_no_ca in mod nss

Mohanavelu Subramanian mhnvelu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:50:43 UTC 2015

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your mail.

 I added my root certificate into mod_nss db and configured NSSVerifyClient
optional.

Server-Cert                                                  u,u,u
server-ca                                                     C,,

When I send a request to the server with client certificate, i got an
exception:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: unknown_ca.

Do I need to do any configuration changes in mod_nss.conf file after
adding CA's certificate into mod_nss db?

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohan