[Mod_nss-list] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Revoc check via CRL and OCSP

Smith, Albert L CTR OSD OUSD ATL (US) albert.l.smith12.ctr at mail.mil
Thu Jul 28 15:36:40 UTC 2016

So on all valid certificates mod_nss will check the CRL and also OCSP, even when the relevant CRL exists in the database?  I assumed that if the client cert serial number isn't found in the CRL then mod_nss would accept the cert as "good" and process the request - and only move on to OCSP if the relevant CRL doesn't exist in the nss db?

Thank you for your attention,

-Albert Smith
Infrastructure Team
OUSD(AT&L) eBusiness Center