Re: Announcing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (Nahant) Beta 2 Public Availability

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 23:36 -0800, Jeffrey Siegal wrote:
> Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> >>BTW, is the 4GB/4GB patch merged in Fedora kernels, too?
> >

> > yes and enabled by default in all i686 kernels.
>
> Does this mean that Fedora suffers from the same problem running in
> vmware?

I would word it the other way around; VMWare emulation suffers some
additional performance degredation. It's not a problem in the kernel,
it's a problem with the emulation technique chosen that results in the
more expensive emulation with 4g/4g active.

> Is there a workaround?

use the i586 kernels

>By the way, does the above apply to FC2 or just FC3?

to both.