Re: Problems with up2date and rhn registration

Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

John Haxby wrote:

A little while ago when I created installed RHEL4 beta 1 on a test machine, I created an RHN account to look after it and registered the machine with that. That old account still exists and still has a machine registered to get updates on the RHEL4 beta channel. Unfortunately, that particular machine has been recycled.

Do you have any sort of backups? I think it's been mentioned on rhn-users that RHN identifies by /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid so if you have that somewhere you're fine.

I don't have backups of the Beta 1 system but I do have a backup of the RHEL3 system that I trashed. I took the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid file from that, but it doesn't work :-( It says that there isn't a channel available for my particular installation.

jch